If you’re new to cooking vegan, eating vegan food or trying out a plant-based diet, there are some go-to recipes you need to know.
Before you start cooking, make sure you have all of the required ingredients to make the meal. We also suggest checking our vegan pantry staple lists as a go-to so you’re always ready to try out a new recipe in a minute’s notice. Some of our favourite lists include:
- The Kitchn list which features 15 essential ingredients including legumes, grains, nuts and coconut oil which can be found here (https://www.thekitchn.com/15-essentials-for-a-vegetarian-or-vegan-pantry-pantry-tips-from-the-kitchn-73562)
- Self Magazine’s list which features the importance of spices and includes pasta on their list found here (https://www.self.com/story/what-to-eat-vegan-grocery-list)
- Oh She Glows blog offers a perfect vegan pantry list for any person who’s looking to make some baked goods with categories including flours, seeds and chocolate which can be found here (http://ohsheglows.com/2012/04/09/my-vegan-pantry/)
Once your pantry is stocked, now on to the fun part of cooking and then tasting the delicious vegan recipes. Here are some of our favourite plant-based recipes for all meals of the day:
TOFU DISHES: tofu is a staple in a vegan diet, it’s a versatile food that can be used at every meal from breakfast to dessert.
- Tofu Pad Thai: Pad Thai is a quick, easy and delicious meal to make on a weeknight. Simply fry the tofu, add your favourite veggies and noodles, then drizzle with the recipe sauce for a meal that is sure to become a regular in your dinner rotation. (https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/healthy/g807/vegan-recipes/?slide=6)
VEGGIE PACKED DISHES
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos: this meal is always a crowd pleaser with the combination of both ranch and buffalo sauces. This is a perfect option to pair with your favourite sporting event, a summer night with drinks or for a delicious Friday night dinner sure to please your taste buds. (https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/healthy/g807/vegan-recipes/?slide=24)
- Roasted Tempeh and Veggie Bowl: This bowl is a staple recipe that’s packed with veggies, protein and will leave you feeling full. Tempeh has a unique texture, so for other options follow the recipe but opt for tofu or chickpeas instead. (https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/healthy/g807/vegan-recipes/?slide=12)
- Pumpkin Penne: this creamy and pumpkin-based pasta is perfect for if you have picky eaters or kids craving mac n’ cheese. You’ll love making this recipe for a fan-favourite sure to impress. (https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/healthy/g807/vegan-recipes/?slide=33)
- Smoky Stuffed Mac Sweet Potatoes: Pasta, sweet potato and cheese sauce…need I say more. https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/healthy/g807/vegan-recipes/?slide=45
SNACKS & SWEETS
- Choco-Cherry Supercarb Bars: granola bars are a staple, and these are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Cherry and chocolate are perfect any time of day from breakfast to dessert, pair these bars with your favourite nut milk for the perfect snack. (https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/healthy/g807/vegan-recipes/?slide=27)
- Everything Hummus: hummus is a must-have. This recipe is perfect to pair with your favourite veggies, on sandwiches or with your fav crackers and bread for a delicious snack any time of day. (https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/healthy/g807/vegan-recipes/?slide=28 )
We hope you enjoy any of the recipes you tried above! Please tag us @featherfoxboutique in your creations and let us know your favourite plant-based recipe.